The world's most
Join patients worldwide who know they made the best choice with ScoliBrace®.
ScoliBrace is a truly custom 3D scoliosis brace used to treat scoliosis in children, adolescents and adults.
The unique ScoliBrace approach means that no two braces are the same and your custom brace is as unique as your curve.
- The ScoliBrace approach brings together the best technology, proven evidence-based techniques and experienced clinicians to get the best possible outcome for patients with scoliosis.
- ScoliBrace has shown superior clinical results with cases demonstrating curve reduction, improvements in posture and body symmetry, reduction in pain and overall improvement in appearance.
- 3D custom designed and made for each patient with the latest in 3D scanning technology and computer aided design and manufacture (CAD CAM)
- The over-corrective approach and asymmetrical design harnesses spinal coupling, not 3 point pressure, for superior results
- Patient-friendly design and personalizable with unique color and pattern options.
Designed with the patient in mind, there is a versatile range, custom made to suit all ages and most curve types, with a focus on brace fit and achieving treatment goals.
Find A Clinic Near You
Frequently Asked Questions
Is ScoliBrace really a custom scoliosis brace?
Absolutely. Using the latest technology in 3D patient scanning, computer aided design (CAD), computer aided manufacture (CAM) and proprietary design algorithms, each patient fitted with a ScoliBrace receives a brace made specifically for them and their individual curve.
Who can be prescribed a ScoliBrace to treat their scoliosis?
The ScoliBrace has a versatile variety of designs for different curve types, which means there is a treatment option for most scoliosis cases.
For children and adolescents:
- Infantile, juvenile and adolescent cases of idiopathic scoliosis
- Some cases of neuromuscular curves
- Curves up to 60° cobb angle*
For younger and older adults:
- Pre-existing scoliosis from adolescence.
- Treatment of cosmetic issues related to scoliosis
- Degenerative scoliosis (De novo scoliosis)
- Pain and/or reduction in function, e.g. inability to perform activities of daily living.
*There is evidence to suggest adolescent idiopathic curves up to 60 degrees can be effectively treated with bracing^. In some cases there may be a medical necessity to brace curves greater than 60°. A consultation with a scoliosis clinician to discuss this option is recommended.
^Reference – Negrini, et al (2011). Idiopathic scoliosis patients with curves more than 45 Cobb degrees refusing surgery can be effectively treated through bracing with curve improvements. The Spine Journal 11(5): 369-380
Can ScoliBrace help children, adolescents and adults?
Because ScoliBrace is designed to allow for retraining of both the muscles and neurology, it can be used in scoliosis cases beyond the traditional recommendation of young teenagers during the rapid growth spurt.
ScoliBrace is an effective treatment in adolescents because it aims to achieve the straightest alignment in the brace. The straighter the spine is when it is growing, the more likely the scoliosis will improve.
However, in cases where the spine has finished growing, ie. in adults, the ScoliBrace can still have a profound effect on the posture and, in cases where the spine is flexible, even an improvement in the spinal alignment because of the retraining effect on the muscles and neurology. In addition, it often provides pain relief, improves mobility and quality of life.
This is why the ScoliBrace principles can be applied in infants, juveniles, adolescents and adults with scoliosis.